Work With Us
*Currently accepting applications - must be available to work Fridays & Saturdays*
From time to time, we are offer a two day, 14 h/week assistant resident manager work-trade position. In exchange for a furnished room and amenities, resident would help in daily management of the B&B. We require a three (3) month minimum commitment.
Qualities of an ideal applicant include:
• Detail oriented
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal & communication skills
• Excellent computer skills and comfort in managing various online platforms
• Personal and professional organization is a must
• Team player
• Ability to multitask projects
• Ability to be on call, if needed
• Ability to work independently
• Cheerful & outgoing
• Have access to a reliable form of transportation (car ideal)
• Have reliable computer access
Amenities included in exchange:
• Private, furnished room (twin bed, desk, chair, side tables, dresser, mini fridge & freezer)
• Access to communal kitchen (appliances, tableware, cupboard space included)
• Access to shared bathroom
• Garden space outside to grow food/ flowers
• Free access to washer & dryer
• Parking space
• All utilities, including wifi
• Ability to harvest fruit from the land (avocado, lychee, oranges, lemon, coffee, pineapple, macnuts, mountain apple, noni)
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume and contact information to our email along with answers to the following questions:
1. Do you live in Hilo and if so, for how long?
2. What interests you in this position?
3. Have you ever work-traded before? If so, please briefly elaborate.
4. Please elaborate on any customer service/ hospitality background you may have.